Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software

Welcome to the free forums from LandlordAccounting.com. Thousands of Landlords trust our training to learn how to manage rental properties in QuickBooks. You can buy our guide, browse the forums, or read testimonials ♥.

Registration temporarily disabled due to spammers. Please contact us via contact form.

Forfeited security deposit

• Michael
    Please send the email on how to take care of a forfeited security deposit.
  • Done!
    By Jonathan Wolter Google+
    Author and ProAdvisor. Landlord Accounting eBook and sample files. ♥ Read Testimonials ♥
    QuickBooks Easily Mastered for Landlords, Property Managers, and Investors.
  • Jon Webb
    How about post the solution here on the forum? I have the same question.
  • Hi Jon, it's only for members - so please send in a request to info -at- landlordaccounting.com and we can help you.

Thanks!
    Author and ProAdvisor. Landlord Accounting eBook and sample files. ♥ Read Testimonials ♥
  • Scott
    Please send the email on how to take care of a forfeited security deposit.

Thanks Scott
    Purchased ebook last 45 days
  • scott
    I am using quickbooks pro 2011. I am unable to follow your example concerning entering a deposit and 1st months rent together from one check. the screen shot in your book does not match my screen. can u send me an update?
  • scott
    scott again. group into undeposited funds is one of the buttons that does not show up on my screen when I receive payments.
  • Hi Scott,

I've emailed you offline with the pdf.

For the sec deposit + 1st month rent, as I emailed earlier you can do this with an invoice. You'll need a new invoice item for the Security Deposit account. Then you can invoice for the deposit and rent, and receive together. (hopefully this helps someone else too).

And the undeposited funds is a little different: in a drop down. Here's a picture.

[attachment 68 receivepaymentstoundepositedfundsquickbooks.jpg]
  • Elicelma
    My memory stick was full of work inoofmatirn and I hadn't backed any of it up. I asked colleagues at work if it was repairable but all thought that I had lost all the inoofmatirn. The IT guy at school looked around for me and came across this site. I had a look, put all my details in and was impressed by how quickly everything was sorted out for me. Thanks for the quick response. I will be recommending it to all my friends and family.
  • Elicelma
    My memory stick was full of work inoofmatirn and I hadn't backed any of it up. I asked colleagues at work if it was repairable but all thought that I had lost all the inoofmatirn. The IT guy at school looked around for me and came across this site. I had a look, put all my details in and was impressed by how quickly everything was sorted out for me. Thanks for the quick response. I will be recommending it to all my friends and family.
  • Elicelma
  • Milosek
    that's normal, i just inlstlaed a brand new spout in our tub last month and when the shower is used some water still runs from the spout. its not made to be a complete water tight seal.as long as your shower is giving you all the water and pressure you need don't worry about it, its all good.
  • Milosek
    that's normal, i just inlstlaed a brand new spout in our tub last month and when the shower is used some water still runs from the spout. its not made to be a complete water tight seal.as long as your shower is giving you all the water and pressure you need don't worry about it, its all good.
  • Milosek
Start a New Discussion

Hello, Guest!

Read, search, and learn from the forums. Post your own question, or contact us for personalized help.

Order now and you will learn how to manage properties in QuickBooks. Instantly download:
  • 225+ page PDF eBook.
  • Sample company file.
  • Company template file.
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Order Now »
Completely updated for 2012, learn more.

“My accountant… was impressed!”

“Thanks so much for all the help Landlord Acct. has given to me. I spent three hours last summer with my accountant going over your system's approach with rental properties as customers and tenants as jobs, and he was impressed with how well the system works!

David Y.♥ testimonials

Thank you

“Thank you for the Mac QB's file. I appreciate you and all your training material.”

Darleen

“Priceless”

“Just an update since I have had your program for 30 days. What is priceless is having you available to answer questions!!! For that I thank you, because you help your customers without fail. So thank you for the support. That is worth the price. so thank you again.”

Anthony

“Worth $500…inputting 40 homes”

“My staff says your manual is worth $500! They are really happy with your easy to understand, step by step instructions.

“We are inputting 40 homes into quickbooks, using your template. Happy user of your e book.”

Ty E. ♥ testimonials