Many landlords encounter challenges with city inspections and permits when they try to do work themselves. You can subcontract out everything, or sometimes it makes sense to take the general contractor’s license exam and become one yourself.
- If you are a general contractor, you can keep employees busy during slow times with work on own rentals.
- If you are a rental owner, you are able to get permits and do work without subcontracting as much since remodling requires permits and licensing to do work on rental properties.
- Time to study and cost to take test. Depending on your level of experience expect to invest several months getting familiar with the building code books and practice tests.
- Cost to renew license yearly.
- Cost of bonded and insured employees.
Order our full training on managing properties in QuickBooks today. It comes with a money back guarantee. And thousands of customers love it (read testimonials ♥).